View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 10:38 PM   #8
CanisLupusArctos

Quote:
Originally Posted by trfour View Post
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39780154/ns/weather/

• Northeast and Mid-Atlantic: Equal chances for above, near or below normal temperatures and precipitation. This is a tricky region to forecast with influences more often short-term, and generally predictable only a week or so in advance. If enough cold air and moisture are in place, areas north of the Ohio Valley and into the Northeast could see above average snow.
    I think that CLA will do another great job keeping us up to date on the weather front/s here this winter.

Terry

In the meantime, let's get this thread back on track. It's about guesses for what will happen this winter. That's supposed to be fun. After all, there's a high likelihood of any guess being wrong! I've been wondering: Why don't we ever have an "ice-in contest?" Probably good for a thread of its own.

MarkinNH, I have a friend in the lakes region who grew up farming and still helps his farmer friends with labor when they need it. He and I have some interesting forecast contests from time to time -- with me using modern meteorology and him using old fashioned farming knowledge. Most of the time we arrive at the same conclusion by different routes. A couple of times he totally blew my forecast away, and vice-versa. We've had fun with it.
    CanisLupusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote
    The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CanisLupusArctos For This Useful Post: