View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 07:44 PM   #160
ApS

Question Are Lawyers Involved?

I don't doubt that MAXUM's assessment is correct.

The NHSC ruled against keeping the Wolfeboro Airpark an operating airport. This was not in keeping with the NH Legislature's desire to keep small NH airports in operation. I have mixed feelings about this, as the floatplane operation could never have succeeded against the huge wakes we're seeing on Winter Harbor. (Or even the crayfish succeeding against those same wakes—for that matter).

The one Winter Harbor private floatplane ramp was taken out a handful of years ago and the property sold off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakegirl24 View Post
Thinkxingu, I really hope you’re right. What was proposed is absolutely NOT what is there. A structure that was supposed to be a 17 ft shed for a boat “replacing IN KIND” is DEFINITELY not what happened. That’s why he was SO protective over showing the plans. When I finally did see the plan it was looking more like a house but only about 16-17 ft high.....not 28-29 ft. It’s just UGLY. Brings down property values and takes away views that have been accessible for the last 60 yrs. He has all the pipes in for septic etc in order to make it a second home on one property. I’m STILL just shaking my head. He believes he is truly untouchable. He basically laughs at the whole neighborhood, town and now the State. If they let this fly it will set a new precedent for what is allowed to be built.
I have a similar situation: in order to share the septics with their neighbor, these particular neighbors kept the number of bedrooms down to two. Now that they have their CoO, they've converted the two-car garage to a bedroom.

The rare interaction with the neighbor they share the septics with has been totally one-sided; understandably, those neighbors are moving away.

I don't say "boo" to them, and have never exchanged a single word.

Can you guess why?