View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 04:39 AM   #38
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
I thought no one would notice. If it was a Porsche dry stump then it would be true.

I meant 5 qts and the story is true.

BR, the mufller shop across the street did an excellent job on brakes and rotors as well as brake lines. What I like about the shop is that the technician actually showed me the pads and measure the rotors with a caliper so I can see that they indeed needs replacement. The technician showed me a brake line that was weeping fluid.

The frosting on the cake was the replacement pads and rotors were the duramat brand from autozone. Two days later, I return when I notice the rotors were warped. They agree the parts were defective and they also agree to replace with NAPA parts. They did not charge me one extra cent!

There may have been two owners? The owner I talked to was a retired Mass cop on disability. Either way, I would go back.

Nope I'm not fooling!

I did a brake job using NAPA parts and had bad results with the parts. I went to Raybestos parts and have had them in for the last 4 years now. I just replaced both axle u-joints and front drive shaft u-joint along with repacking bearings and replacing worn dust boots and I noticed all the break parts were in excellent shape, so they are holding up well.
I've had two shops around town refer the muffler shop for the transmission rebuild I need on my plow truck. He told me he will also give me an 18 month warranty on the work.
I started using Auto Zone down the road. They are open till 9pm M-Saturday and 9 till 6 on Sunday.