View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 07:23 AM   #13
bigdog

Default Auto Service - Oil Change Etc

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions !

I have to agree with several folks, the quality of service in everything in the country has taken a nose-dive ! Seems like many people (not all), just really don't care anymore about the quality of their work ! Too bad..... For me, 'service' takes priority to price ! I don't mind paying a little extra for the customer service experience. If you give me good service, I'll be your customer for life !

The cost to doing an oil change yourself, is really not worth the savings any more. Almost $3. Qt for a good oil, another $4-5 for a FRAME quality oil filter, and you've alreay spent $20 ! For a few dollars more I can have someone else do the work, keep the old oil, and put money back into the community!

Granted, I may not get the same quality materials from a Auto Service Station, that I would purchase, but really shouldn't make any difference if changing your oil every 3-5k miles, not going to matter....

Regarding Oil......... One of my cars has 100,000 miles.
Would you recommend changing to a Synthetic oil or a Blended oil at this time. Do you think this would extend the life of the engine?
FYI, I'll be keeping this car forever, it's my 'ragtop' summer car !

WinnieGirl, thanks for the tip about 'Mikes Quality Care', think I'll give him my business, he's close to my location. I can also walk across the street to DQ , or better yet, go to lunch at T-Bones !

BD

Last edited by bigdog; 05-07-2010 at 07:24 AM. Reason: grammar
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote