View Single Post
Old 09-14-2022, 08:09 PM   #61
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
Cars from the 60's and 70's (pre-emissions) have rocketed in value: Some are converted to electric power, others for avoiding dealerships, impregnability to EMP, savings in insurance, or simply to avoid the 40-minute recharging time between destinations. BTW, if electric transport is such a good idea, why has it been made mandatory?

I have three cars in line for restoration, and the restorer is backed-up for years!

That's a double blinding light. I've got single blinding light that might be a converted aircraft landing light.

Strange that it's only blinding upstairs, and not terribly objectionable downstairs or on the dock. It's located about five houses west of Libby Museum, on noisy Rt. 109.

As if the lake needs another insult, the newest lighting (from "over there") 😒 is far brighter than the conventional lighting I've got--but seldom use. My neighbors in Florida have cut back on their lighting, so we can all enjoy the night sky at any time.

Electric vehicles are more efficient.
You can't get regeneration braking on an ICE engine... and the transmission loss is not that easy to overcome once we have gone as far as CVT.

US refineries have reached what the industry feels is maximum output and predicts declines over the next decade... so the fuel has to go further.

It is one of the reasons that you see mini-splits talked about so predominately.