View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 09:14 AM   #16
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
Laconia certainly has its problems but for the last few years some of my family members take a daily trip to the Wayfarer Coffee Roasters shop on Main St. when we're at the lake. It's a very popular spot in the heart of downtown Laconia and seems to be doing very well. It's always been busy when I've been there and it has a lot of young and hip customers. They even sometimes have musical entertainment for the coffee drinkers.

When we went there for coffee we also walked up and down Main St. and visited a few shops. There seems to be more people and activity now than in the past. Maybe a few more popular businesses there would help turn Laconia in the right direction.
I agree it has the potential. However, there are a lot of transients walking around, and if you're a woman by yourself you do not feel safe. Last November, my wife had to pick up a prescription from Genesis and had to park in the CVS parking lot since the spaces on the street were unavailable. I got a panicked call from her because some tweeker was following her to her car, and she was concerned he was going to jump her.
Major is offline   Reply With Quote