View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 09:34 AM   #69
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Retired....

The docks for the new condos are based on the frontage that Barton's Motel had..... Any mooring field will have to be located within that same footprint. I am pretty sure the cemetery cannot "lease" their waterfront.

People have been cutting thru the cemetery forever... it got worse when they built Shaw's. The issue is compounded by a lake FULL of boats with no place to go. It has nothing to do with the Dive. If the BOD of the cemetery really had an issue, they could have put up a fence long ago.

All this vitriol about this business... no need for it! They go out to a public sandbar, make some $$$ and leave. No different than the ice cream truck at a city park... or the hotdog guy in Wolfeboro by the dock!

Woodsy
I read a LADASUN article stating the developers set forth a proposal that includes the Cemetary frontage when determining the slips and mooring privileges. I just sincerely hope this proposal does not fly! Just think about the floodgate it will open!
I hate developers and selling their 'progress' attitude. If they have their way we will have another Miami on the lake. And it can happen as Laconia is all about the cash flow! After watching Yellowstone I can relate. Thank God for conservatory trust laws in NH. More and more land is being saved!
Squam Lake is way ahead of the game in establishing a lake association eons ago!