View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 07:37 PM   #91
Jdarby

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
You really can't say that though. It's like the chicken and the egg. People will die from the virus or die because they can't work because of the virus. Despite what some progressive legislators think, the government can't pay everybody to stay home forever. And if the grocery stores aren't open because the workers are at home, I think most people would have a hard time finding food on their own. If truck drivers and essential workers stay home, how will we live? The society depends on people working beyond financial considerations.
People won’t die just because they contracted the virus. Heck, many that contract the virus won’t die! There seems to be a sentiment that it’s all or nothing. You either are fine or you die. There is a significant population in the middle that requires intensive medical care and resources in order to survive. Those people eat up valuable resources during their care and there is then a cascade effect on the entire healthcare system when it becomes overwhelmed. There will then be unnecessary and otherwise preventable deaths due to heart attacks, strokes, and other normally treatable and survivable illness and injury. So this isn’t just about people dying from COVID...it’s about people dying because of a healthcare system that is at or beyond capacity. Yes, I’ve read the anecdotal reports of people who sought care at the local hospitals and everything seemed normal. I’ve even spoken to a few healthcare workers from local facilities and heard positive stories. But all healthcare facilities are not created equal nor have all the necessary services for the critically ill. So some of these facilities are not the best litmus test. They can have 50 open beds but if they don’t have invasive cardiology services, good luck surviving your heart attack. Forget the transfer to a hospital that can actually treat you as they are at capacity due to COVID patients....it quickly becomes a slippery slope. Be well.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jdarby For This Useful Post: