View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 09:39 AM   #54
AC2717

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
Not to mention Marty Walsh is now saying the workplace is one of the two main reason for the surge. the workplace?? What workplace? Almost all are closed. Also said social gatherings, well that is broad, again what about the protesting for and then celebration groups over the past two weeks. Oh and by the way they don't want to but they will send the police to your house if 911 is called on you by your neighbors for having more than 10 people. Anyone ever hear of the Intolerable Acts?

If you look at the MA dept of Health Chart (attached), being at home is the most risk of catching it.

When is comes to the hockey shutdown and for some reason they got it out for hockey:
When they shut hockey down in their executive order they said 30 clusters creating 107 cases they shut us down on 10/23 and opened hockey back up 11/7- just in youth and men’s league hockey

The chart from the MA dept of health Shows that between 10/11 and 11/7 (mind you hockey was shut down for two out of those three weeks) that youth organized athletics and camps, that means any and every organized sports activity
14 clusters for 41 cases Prior to 10/11 and 24 clusters for 17 cases (going back to the March shutdown)

So here you go
1 - First off how do you have fewer cases than clusters if a cluster is defined by two or more cases from one spot
2 - Total across all sports is 58 cases going back to start of shutdown and including the shutdown, less than the 107 they said in executive order to shut down hockey
3 - where did they get their numbers to justify the hockey shut down and no other sport
4 - the numbers before the shut down were lower than during the shut down period

I was one that was in favor at the beginning, waiting to see the numbers and science and conditions, now I am in the camp of Enough is enough, people should be able to live their lives and make their own risk decisions. Oh and to those that say its for others not you?
Almost half a million people die from smoking every year and about that 25-30,000 are from second hand smoke, yet smoking is legal and you don't have to wear a mask. Same could be said for Alcohol related deaths, and other communicable viruses/diseases.
update to the chart from last week:
the numbers before the MA shut down went down???? but those were over a month old and should not have changes oh wait

and the shut down period numbers almost all went down, except for the household clusters which rose.

The State's numbers not mine. I am just a citizens watching and doing my own research on the virus cases and fear. The state shut down hockey due to the case info prior to 10/18. 30 clusters for 107 cases. Now clusters across All Organized Athletics/Camps in the state is 30 clusters for 7, yes 7 cases for that period and the clusters went down from 14 to 12 for the 3 week period and the cases went down from 41 to 31

again the definition of a cluster is more than two cases coming from the same spot.
Attached Images