View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 10:51 PM   #19
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
I guess I am a rebel of sorts, like a motorcyclist with out a helmet, I canoe and kayak, sometimes without wearing my life vest. Wrong Write or indifferent.

Now having said, that there are times when I will put it on. For instance, in the spring when the water is cold, if I am out on a busy weekend, If the weather is bad (windy), or if I find myself on a river with white water conditions....

Where am I going with this.... everyone has a level of risk they are willing to take, and we have to respect that, not criticize it.

Everyone want to mold everyone else into their same comfort level, and what they define as practical... that isn't always a good thing... Individuality should be respected.
No worries from me that an an adult decides to take extra risk for himself. But please do not put words into PFD fans mouths. My pro PFD post, and I assume those of others, was meant to assist those interested and persuade those on the fence (or those with kids).

I think it's dumb to paddle without a PFD, and even dumber to ride without a helmet, but that does not mean I want to mold you. BE FREE!