View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 09:42 AM   #43
fatlazyless

Default ... waiting for the NH F & G ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
As far as I know, it is under the management of the Division of Forest and Lands.

They ''No Camping'' I think is about homeless people seeking shelter there. I'm told the other side of the lake has a lot of that happening off from the WOW trail.
All that demolished homeless shanty debris scattered across the pine-treed woods between the Old North Main St, NH-DES sewerage pumping station and the beautiful, pristine, north end of Opechee Bay State Forest directly on Opechee Bay .... https://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/map...ee_laconia.pdf .... can be cleaned away in one day with three, hard-working, Laconia DPW guys and a truck ..... so's the DPW wants to get off its lazy butt, and get on it ...... hut-hut-hut!

What needs to happen here is the NH F & G wants to design and construct a hand carry, kayak & canoe launch site with parking, that wraps around this DES sewerage utilty shed and is similar to the F & G hand carry launch on Lake Pemigewasset in nearby New Hampton.

It would hit two birds with one shot, by replacing this secret stealthy homeless camping location with a hand carry launch ramp for kayaks, canoes, sups, and small row boats .... hut-hut-hut!