View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #35
hampfarms

I rarely write on the forum because I feel we should make individual decisions in the area based on our own experiences but this one has hit close to home. YES, us island people have made a conscious decision to live on an island and it does come with some inconveniences. Chaselady is quite accurate with what happened over the labor day weekend. Moultonborough has a year old fire/rescue boat that operates out of Lee's Mills. Last year there was another island person at my house that was having a potential heart attack (he survived one on island several years ago) after being taken to Lakes Region Hospital. I personally would of carried this man onto my boat and taken him to Pier 19 to be met by first responders but his family thought it best to call 911 and have them come to the island. Yes, the new boat came to our island and it took about 1 hour. I'm happy to say he did not have a heart attack but being we live on an island we do have an AED. Maybe being this island is so far from Lee's Mills we can have an agreement with Tuftonboro to be the responder. We are all grateful for the men and women that do respond in these unfortunate situations. Thank you Chaselady for starting this thread. Let's in a positive way try to make a difference that some day might save a life.
The Following User Says Thank You to hampfarms For This Useful Post: