View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #31
Coolbreeze

I was harsh with my opening comments and I do understand the urge to share such experiences through the use of public forums like this; but the frustration as I read the following posts adding to the bashing made me angry...nothing good was coming from it.
The more productive thing that could have been done prior to the opening of the post would be to contact the Chief of the department that responded to discuss the response. Some Chiefs will openly talk with you, others concerned for liability will offer a meeting with a town official. Air your concerns, listen to the Chiefs reply and find the opportunity for everyone to see the short comings and to improve them. Ask for a meeting maybe over a cup of coffee. Keep in mind during the discussion that challenging and being aggressive to the Chief will get you no where. You may find that this would be the more productive way to discuss/resolve the situation you had. The Chief will also educate you more on what to expect and how he/she on their end can improve the way things are to be handled in the future. Rather than beat the war drum on the forum first, educate yourself with what to expect if something should happen again... and IT WILL HAPPEN AGAIN. If you don't get a favorable response from the officials, then it begin your campaign to get the publics support to change things via. the forum.
As Paul Harvey would say- Good Day