View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #19
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I thought all towns charged for an ambulance ride. I, fortunately, have never ridden in one, but family members have and we have always been charged.
My source of info: Maybe one to two years ago, Argieswife, who was or is a member of the Alton School Committee mentioned in this forum that she was especially proud of the Town of Alton because it provided www.altonfire.org no-charge ambulance transport. Probably, this is just for Alton residents, as opposed to an outside visitor that gets into an automobile accident while in Alton, but I do not really know?

No-charge ambulance transport is probably a very uncommon local NH town practice. I know that in Meredith, the www.stewartsambulance.com will show up and provide medical treatment for free, but once they load you on-board one of their Mercedes Benz-Stewart's ambulances for a trip to the hospital, it will cost you some mega-big-big-bucks if you is un-insured.

So, how does this apply to the islands ........ help....help...help ... probably you is better off waving a canoe paddle around .....and jumping up and down ...... down the end of your dock.....and hitching a freebie ride from some passing motor-boater? For about 60-cents each or 2.40 total, you can get the four 3" high visibility letters H-E-L-P at Walmart and put them on a canoe paddle. You might be very surprised how well that method works for getting help with a capsized sailboat from a passing motorboat!