View Single Post
Old 10-08-2022, 09:53 AM   #15
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by baygo View Post
No disrespect but are you aware of how many restaurant Entrepreneurs work 16 hours a day seven days a week with no guarantee of income, insurance, pension plan LOL? They create paychecks for those who assist them, as well as have to find thick skin to accept/read what their loving public takes time to share on social media. This strike is putting in jeopardy their lifelong savings and ambition. The drivers who strike would have no job if not for them. The $110,000 a year would go a lot further if they were not paying union dues.

Suck it up buttercup.
I did not opine on who deserved what. But having said that...

I've spent most of my career as an entrepreneur, so I am painfully aware of the difficulties of our lives/careers. Being in business is a tough fight every day, with customers, employees, competitors, suppliers, and others each acting in one way or another to squeeze our margins (and harm our sleep patterns).

Of course, when we are successful, the rewards are much greater than those of the truck drivers. So I do not begrudge them for trying to increase their slice of the pie...it's the American way
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post: