View Single Post
Old 09-10-2022, 12:53 AM   #31
ApS

Question What Did She Expect of Beach Pond Road?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post

I'm talking about reasonable property lighting and decorative lighting.
We've lived in the same cottage since 1956.

About thirty years ago, new neighbors from Albuquerque, NM, built a new house on the empty lot next door. After three years it, and its noisy construction, finally got finished.

The two attorneys installed a burglar alarm that went off once or twice a week. On adjacent Tuftonboro Neck, a similar burglar alarm was doing the same thing.

I guess we could've gotten used to it, but after a few years, the false alarms stopped on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
This is the second time you've hit this "go someplace else note" on this thread. It's kind of offensive to those who have have loved this lake for decades and have made major investments to be here, whatever its imperfections.
I'm reminded of the recent complaint that trash is strewn down Beach Pond Road in Wolfeboro. She's lived there for decades and it's continually getting worse.

Drive down Beach Pond Road four miles, and you'll arrive at Wolfeboro's Town Recycling Center. (Or what we used to call the Wolfeboro Town Dump).

Couldn't she accept that Wolfeboro was going to "mature" as the years go by?

Isn't time for her to move away and let the new owners accept what has crept into that neighborhood over decades?

Last edited by ApS; 09-10-2022 at 01:39 AM.