Thread: Marina Battery
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2022, 06:21 AM   #30
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
But then I think about my Father who went through a series of boats over the years. He was a really good water skier and had me drag him up around until I would get tired from driving! The best best boat we had back then was a really nice Wellcraft that we all loved. Then in his final years he had dropped back to a smaller and more modest aluminum boat to allow him to get in closed to the islands in and around the rocks for fishing with the trolling motor, and I think that was as happy as he ever was. Fishing for bass was his true vice and joy. Off he would go before sun up and out the mouth of Alton Bay to whatever island he wanted to fish around, and that was just perfect for him.

Just goes to show there is a boat option for every budget and use, you just need to shop for your best fit/choice.
Our fathers have like minds! LOL! Dad had Century and Crissies most of his life. Trailering and maintaining those woodies were a PITA. But they were great cruising boats! The Resorter was surprisingly a great ski boat!

Dad's last boat was a Wellcraft. First glass boat he had. It was a beautiful boat! Great ski boat but not as good as the woodies in rough water.

He ended up fishing after decades of water skiing. All these years of waking up to take him skiing at sunrise, I ended up fishing with him before sunrise! My daughter took over fishing with him before he passed!

Before Dad passed, I bought a Liberator. He was a funny guy. He would do a full throttle then slow down to idle, speed up and repeat! LOL! Never comment but he had a smile! Got the Formula on eBay auction from a marina on the Potomac River in Maryland. Best boat ever. Still have it! I wish my Dad had seen this boat before passing! Talk about quality! Second to none!