Thread: Marina Battery
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2022, 09:55 AM   #8
wentworthwhitbreadIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2717 View Post
I am on year 7 with the same battery, but attached to a solar charger during the season and just disconnected during the winter months when in storage at Marina. It is a Walmart Everstart Marine Battery (same as a interstate battery internals)(not deep cycle).

Without the option to keep it cycling you are kind up to whatever the battery decides it wants to do, even with the AGM and the Lithium ones (which are huge cost with no extra warranty benefit, with AGM its additional cost than traditional batteries but again no extra Warranty benefit,

One option might to pull the leads when putting it back into Valet although they might not know and try to move the boat and it not start, would be something you would have to discuss, but I have many friends in Valet and they do not seem to be talking about battery issues either. Check for Draws

Formula 26 here. Two batteries and they only seem to last a couple years. Frustrating but that’s been our deal for 15 years

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
wentworthwhitbreadIII is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wentworthwhitbreadIII For This Useful Post: