View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 11:01 AM   #3
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
Hopefully the double masks you are wearing are not 10 cent made in china models,,,

This is but one example of countless problems; https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a9423426.html

Masks made in foreign countries, treated with god knows what chemicals and made from who knows what waste materials and packed by infected workers may well end up being more dangerous than COVID. The problem is you may not know it until much later.

If you feel the need to wear a mask, follow the advice of one of the posters here and look for USA made 100% cotton masks. For a while BJ's and Wallmart had Hanes masks that were pretty decent.

Many people dont like the cotton masks as they get wet from breathing through them, which may cause other problems, but is probably the lessor of evils by comparison to this crap they are sending us from overseas, and in some cases even marking them as USA made 3M products and similar.

Beware the solution may be worse then the thing you fear.

As a COVID survivor I am the first to tell you you dont want this, but I also avoid masks as much as possible. Thats said, you would not get me on a bus or subway train in Boston without one,,,

Best of luck
I agree that you need to carefully screen anything you get from China, not just masks, but let’s not exaggerate things to much.

COVID is rarely transmitted through “packages”. So let’s not start making falsehoods of infected Chinese workers sending out infected masks. That’s just flat out wrong in so many ways. Even if infected COVID would not survive that long.

COVID is primarily transmitted through air borne particles.

Like wise masks stop the spread TWO ways. They help protect you from inhaling particles that are suspended around you. That’s actually pretty hard to do without a really good mask. More importantly they reduce how much an infected person spews out. That is much easier to “reduce”. To completely eliminate it, is quite hard. A lot of testing that’s done is filling a space with something and seeing how much can get past the mask. So even cheap crappy masks probably reduce how much gets spewed out. Because 99% masks out there are not tight fitting. And even a good mask can be used poorly.

Here is some more info on it.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/coronavir...n-overview#2-6
The Following User Says Thank You to mswlogo For This Useful Post: