Thread: Vaccinations
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 08:51 AM   #379
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopper View Post
My wife was to have a minor procedure at the end of last week which required a COVID test. She tested positive. This was 100 days after an initial infection and 13 days after the second Pfizer shot. The vaccine appears to be working as she had no symptoms and neither did I (if I in fact got it). The positive test was reported to the state and our daughter, who had two negative tests after my wife's positive test, was pulled out of school for 20 days. She was quite upset and had trouble understanding the reasoning. So the lessons learned? Nothing that we haven't been hearing. The major benefit of the vaccine is it protects you from severe symptoms. Can you still get COVID? It appears so. Can you still transmit COVID to others? This one's fuzzy. If you ask the New York Yankees organization (7 coaches recently tested positive weeks after the J&J vaccination) I bet they'd say yes. Again, the unfortunate "victim" in all of this is our daughter. . Rant over.
Very interesting. Your wife was infected months (70 days or so?) before her first covid shot, and then was either infected a second time or the first infection never went away?