View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 08:38 AM   #7
swnoel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeirsBeachBoater View Post
After reading today's article, I am amazed at the audacity of Mr Mailloux. For a man who stole away so many peoples view by building up his facility to turn around and say the train bothers his guests is appalling. He is certainly a What's in it for me, kinda guy. He built next to a, in use railroad, he knew what that meant, and for him to say it should go for his economic benefit really grinds my gears. Having grown up in a town that added a rail trail, and that rail trail is now some 20+ yrs old, I feel I can speak to the subject. Yes, these trails do attract riders, and walkers, however in my experience these people come to town, park their vehicles, and ride or walk, return to said vehicle and drive away. They don't find a place to change out of their spandex, and go visit the downtown, restaurants, or get a room for the night. They are day trippers at best. I think the trail as it exists in downtown (alongside the rail) does work, but we can't sit back and ignore the Graffiti and crime that has also occurred on the trail. I think the trail has run it's course, and stops exactly where it should.
I get a chuckle at him saying the tracks run close to his resort! My bet is his resort was built too close to the tracks!
swnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to swnoel For This Useful Post: