View Single Post
Old 08-28-2014, 12:02 PM   #335
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phantom Gourmand View Post
Rusty, how many more times are you going to insert your foot in your mouth? Give it up. ATD and company have prevailed. You are taking that quote out of context, an agreement has been reached to sell the 50.5% to ATD. This is confirmed by many sources, not just one.
I congratulate the management and associates for sticking their necks out for a cause they so deeply believed in. This will certainly go down in business books as more than a footnote in labor/management relations textbooks. I wish other companies would value their stakeholders over their shareholders just as ATD does. In the end, it seems like this is what separates a good company from a great one. There are very important lessons to be learned because of this, I hope other companies are paying attention.
I don't think it will take as long as most people think to get this business back to normal. Associates who put their necks on the line will now most certainly bust their @sses to right this nearly sunken ship.
Hate to say it, but to some extent I agree with Rusty. It is great to hear the deal has been agreed on, but it won't close for a while and who knows that the "S" crew may try to pull in the meantime. Hopefully things will go smooth. I have a friend in store management at a local store, his hours were fine throughout but things were getting pretty sketchy.