View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #12
boo

we were disappointed also. we were signed up and ready to do the skim with shorts on. my 9 year old son was going to do it for the first time, he was very disappointed.

i have to comment something about people not liking snowboarders.
my family is all snowboards, me my wife and son and daughter.

on 2 occasions this winter at gunstock, my 9 year old son was hit from behind by out of control skiers. the gentleman who hit him--and by hit i mean knocked him over, drove right over his leg when he was down, then hit him with his pole--this person continued on down the mountain without even stopping.
I was riding about 20 feet away and when the guy didnt stop, i checked on my son and went after the guy.
I caught up with him, at which time he stopped, and asked me what my problem was??????
i had a breif discussion with him, at which time he decided it was in his best interest to go back and apologize to my son.

this man was going to not even stop and see if he was alright, and he was an adult??

I could say this is just one more reason why people dont like skiers, but like posted above, we wont let one or 2 bad experiences ruin or categorize others.

as for the snowboarder who popped the tarp---it was going to happen when the first person went in the pond. They were using an inexpensive blue tarp, these tarps are not made to hold the weight of the water, let alone someone walking on it.
I was there all morning andwatched them from start to finish building the pond and I told them that this was going to happen.
They need to use a rubber membrane, like rubber roofing. this could be reused year after year and is virtually impossible to pop a hole in.

maybe they will take my advice next year.

until then hope to see you all on the slopes, seasons not over yet--bretton woods stays open into May.
boo is offline   Reply With Quote