View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 04:08 PM   #149
rocket21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
I have no idea of the specifics on that particular situation, but that is an insanely low amount of money for a person with that kind of job.
1) Ski industry pay tends to track much lower than other sectors. Nevertheless, Cannon is a larger facility than Gunstock.
2) Government employment typically carries robust benefit packages. I do not know what the benefit packages are at Gunstock, but I suspect they are much more generous than other mid-sized ski areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
More importantly though--if keeping executive pay low is important to you, the last thing you should want is a for-profit group on the mountain. Corporations pay their executives much more than states, cities, nonprofits; and also much more than middle managers. As a beneficiary of this disparity, I'm not complaining, just pointing it out
If Gunstock were leased to a private operator, executive and staff pay wouldn't be taxpayers' issue. The lease proceeds would be. If using the Sunapee model, Gunstock would provide the county with significantly more revenue than the current model, while offloading the risk of bad seasons and bad debt.
rocket21 is offline   Reply With Quote