View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 03:21 PM   #140
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
Do you deny that the management team awarded themselves big bonuses without seeking any approval? That's a fact, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
You are unwittingly making my point. (I am assuming you meant "I have not seen anything written about bonuses".) You haven't seen anything written because the LDS is covering only one side of the story. Although I do seem to recall seeing something about the bonuses in the LDS.

The Granite Grok reported --

"The general manager of Gunstock, who is already believed to be the highest-paid employee in Belknap County government, with a base salary of $180,250 per year + benefits, received a cash bonus of an additional $40,000.

With a base salary of $123,600 + benefits, the Gunstock Chief Financial Officer received a cash bonus of $23,484.

And 3 other employees , with base salaries of $95,004; $96,096; and $71,774 (all plus benefits) received cash bonuses of $18,069; 17,370 and $10,000, respectively.

Total bonuses paid to all employees added up to $151,873, but most of those bonus monies went only to the “top” people."
Your first post suggests there was something improper. According to your second post, the Grok (which is not a real newspaper, but obviously a political organization), did NOT report that anything about the bonuses was improper, they only reported the bonus amounts.

As for the amounts--$220,000 is definitely a lot of money, but that is likely less than a private sector CEO of an operation the size of Gunstock would earn. Similarly, big bonuses going to the top people--this is also like the private sector. You should be careful what you wish for...
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote