View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004, 07:39 PM   #102
Audiofn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
I really respect you and Biggus for doing that. I have no complaints with any boat that is operated safely and within the law. The problem is you two are the ONLY "offshore" owners I've ever seen respond like that.

Unfortunately anyone that is concerned about excessively loud boats is usually shouted down and told "If you don't like it leave" or Will's classics "offshores...will become louder, people just need to learn to live with it" and "How do you get off saying that a preferrably loud boat is a problem?". Many (not all) offshore owners come off like bullies who really don't care about the effects their boats can have on others around them (IMHO).

I'm really not trying to pick a fight with you. I just wish that other offshore owners could discuss this without the often arrogant "eat my exhaust" attitude. I think you can see that attitude in many of the messages posted here. It really gets my blood boiling that some people can be so selfish and inconsiderate. I believe those attitudes force concerned people to form groups like the LRSLA.
Yes I agree that there are Offshore power boaters with that attitude. However there are other types of boaters with the same attitude when it comes to other things. I could also say that people that want the lake quite take it to the different extream. "you either have a quite boat or you can not boat with out getting a fine......". EVERY person that I know of on that lake have taken measures to quite their boats if they do not fall into the legal limits. One poor guy had to do it twice as his tips fell off because his son did not tighten them down.

As far as that attitude that has been taken on other web sites I guess they are not in the area and as I said most do not visit the lakes so you can not put much weight in what they say. I know that all of us on the river have taken action to quite our boats. I thought that would be enough but it does not seem so.......

Jon