View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 05:27 PM   #62
Waterbaby

My condolences and prayers to Stephanie's family, and thoughts and prayers to the families of Erica and Nicole. What a terrible tragedy, and I sincerely hope Erica pulls through so this tragedy does not expand.

As far as opinions stated on this thread thus far, assumptions made, and trying to turn it into a platform for or against speed limits, I myself would not even begin to presume to know causes of the accident, conditions or speed or any other related factors. I am not Stephanie or Erica or Nicole, I wasn't onboard the boat, I wasn't an eyewitness, and I find some of the comments made thus far absolutely appalling. For heavens' sake, the boat had barely - if at all - made it to Belmont before the speculating began.

Out of respect for the families and friends involved, I implore you, people: keep it to yourself or at least off of a public board, let the experts do their job and wait for their report, and wish the families condolences and prayers.

Just imagine how Mr. Beaudoin feels -- his Father's Day began with finding out his youngest child is dead. And how about Mr. Blizzard? His daughter is in critical condition from a boating accident..... and Mr. Shinepolus' daughter is injured as well................ have a little empathy, please.

I wish you all well, and hope that nothing ever happens to put your families or friends under the spotlight of speculation. It's not a pleasant place to be.