View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 09:08 PM   #69
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinewife View Post

Well, readers, I appreciate everyone's input- It appears that Strogen's will be handling our new propane system and replacing the old oil system since it was completely shot.

Our sales guy, Paul Smith has been terrific so far. (in the event someone needs an estimate, his cell is 603-833-3557, tell him you got his number from me)-

We had 3 other companies, with no one able to begin the project until 4 weeks from now, which we can't take a chance on with colder weather coming. He spoke to his Mgr and they'll be starting this week.

I found another guy in Laconia who will remove the old oil tank, drain the oil, cut up the tank and remove it from the property, since Strogens doesn't handle that part of it. He was also super nice, Bill Spencer 603-OIL-TANK, 38 yrs in doing it-

There's even more going on in work on this house, but I'll save that for another day when it's not so nice out

Again, truly appreciate everyone's '2 cents', it's so nice to know that a transplant to this area can get help just by asking for it in here- Happy Sunday everyone!
Marinewife, good for you. A propane system, properly installed should give you years of trouble free service. Unless there is a huge spike in oil prices (which affects propane) the actual cost differences aren't big bucks between the fuels except probably for electric resistance heat.

Make sure the filler pipes are removed when the oil tank is removed. There have been many cases of a few hundred gallons of fuel oil being pumped in to cellars or crawl spaces when cut off pipes are left in place and the oil guy delivers to the wrong address.
ITD is online now   Reply With Quote