Thread: It Figures....
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #44
hazelnut

This thread has caused me to do quite a bit of reflecting. It really saddens me that someone like BIM, EL, Melvn Bay or whatever the nom de plume of the week actually exists.

Here is the reality. Most of us (SBONH members, Boaters, Casual Observers, etc.) have lives. Very, very busy lives. Luckily I have a few days off now to relax. However, most of the people in the organization have full time jobs, a wife, kids, etc. So between work, athletic events, social events, heck just taking care of the house etc. we are very busy people. The Speed Limit ranks about 100th or so on my list of cares. Every once in a while I check into the debate and see that some people are so obsessed and so consumed that they post horrific personal attacks about people that they do not even know! That is just so sad.

I have noticed that some people will stop at nothing to try and prove a point. That includes direct slanderous remarks and dredging up info and parsing it together to assail someones character. What shame. Look in the mirror at yourself. You claim that you hope the readers of this site look at you as the real representative of the area. The horror, I shudder at that thought. I truly hope that people outside the area that have read those awful Letters to the Editor and read the drivel and nasty commentary by you and appreciate you for who you are; An angry old man with hours and hours of time on his hands with nothing better to do than obsess over one issue so much so that he will turn his back on his fellow human being and drag out mud and sling it around like a 3 year old in a dirt pit. You must have grandchildren? Children? Why not go enjoy them and have some fun and forget about all of this for a while. The legislative session will give everyone ample time to talk all of this through.

For you to compare me truthfully calling out liars and slimy sneaks who try to legislate behind closed door just shows how delusional you truly are. You really do not have any idea how hypocritical you are do you? I truly feel like you are so consumed with this issue to the point where it has become an unhealthy obsession for you. I am not kidding when I tell you that therapy should be in order.

The reality is that my interests are so wide and varied, skiing, snowmobiling, computers, technology, sports, and of course boating. The Speed Limit thing does not even crack the top 100 most of the time. It's a fun discussion and it gets crazy but wow, you sir scare me with your obsession. I wonder if folks around you roll their eyes at you because I can only assume that is all you talk about. Some good advice was given to you a few posts back. Take a deep breath, go for a walk, stop and smell the roses, Speed Limit or No Speed Limit, life will go on.

I hope someday you are able to relax about all of this. I really hope you learn to stop trying to ruin the lives of people that do not agree with you. You are no better than those awful people that make those nasty mud slinging campaign ads that we all hate. I guess it is a good way to try to sway the argument when you have no substance. It's just sad though.

Well I am off to finish prepping for the storm. Snowblower is all gassed up. I have to also start cleaning up the mess in the living room, kids toys, wrapping paper, boxes, clothes, etc scattered all about the room.

Happy Holidays and A Happy Healthy Calm New Year to EVERYONE! (Even you)