Thread: It Figures....
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 06:38 AM   #17
melvin bay

Can anyone verify or hopefully refute these quotes from yesterdays Concord Monitor.I dont belong to off shoreonly forum.

There's no question reasonable and prudent does not apply to this crowd and the comment about "doubling the speed limit" is the tip of the iceberg. The head of SBONH, known as OCDACTIVE on some of the speed boat forums, writes on offshoreonly.com :
Regarding drinking: 1/25/10 OCDACTIVE writes : "I had started at noon and went to shots at 8 PM then forgot to eat".
1/25/10 "But you know one thing leads to another, things get a little crazy, you become forgetful and wake up on the floor in the dogs bed with a raging headache".
1/28/10, in response to a comment about the"poor stock " at Hooters: "Well if we are there from noon until 11 PM they are bound to look a little better".

This is not the kind of talk that gives one the impression that the head of a safe boating organization has a clue about reasonable and prudent. Should this group be lecturing us about boating safety and what laws we should enact? My concern after reading these comments was that this person was in danger of (figuratively) crashing and burning in a manner similar to Ms. Blizzard. And the new and former state reps. who have been linked with SBONH and have attended their events...they need to take a fresh look at what an association with this group really represents.
People on the lake are tired of this kind of behavior from a small minority of immature men who wish to race their oversized overpowered boats all around the lake and that's why they pushed for speed limits. Today's article in the Monitor is a clear example of how reasonable and prudent will not work for this crowd. I don't trust SBONH!
The Following User Says Thank You to melvin bay For This Useful Post: