View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 08:59 AM   #35
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPONLY View Post
In the post quoted above (#29), I agreed with responders here that it was probably a scam.
On 4/16/20 we received a call that , at first sounded as if from NHEC. Clarification(?) revealed it was from either E&H Power, or ENH Power

Either way, the information was the same- lock in kwh rates, for 1-2 years with the opportunity to extend by contacting before original agreement expires (otherwise a $100.00 penalty would be assessed).

Still sounds like a scam, but I asked for a name, phone number and personal phone extension, which were provided.

I'm not interested in any of this, and have no intention of calling- even out of curiosity.

Any similar experiences/thoughts?
We get calls like this at least monthly in Mass. Regulations from a couple of years ago allow electric customers to choose their electricity provider separately from their distributor. The distributors are the monopoly electric companies tied to our addresses. So a person in Boston can tell their distributor Eversource that they want their electricity from a certain generator, such as Greg's Green Generation or Carl's Coal or whatever. Eversource handles all the paperwork on both ends--billing you for a rate agreed upon with Greg or Carl, and then paying Greg or Carl for the juice they put into the grid based on your usage.

I cannot speak to the company who called you, but generally, these are not a scam, just irritating. On the upside--if you care about saving money and/or green energy, it's an easy way to have your distributor buy less expensive solar in your name.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post: