View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 10:52 PM   #28
longislander

I was at NYNEX, Bell Atlantic, Verizon, Fairpoint, for 17 Years.
I retired in 2013 and turn 73 this week. Still full of Pee and Vinegar.

Quote:
Well as a current industry professional I can say for certain the issue at hand is money here. I deal first hand with upgrades on our (the electric companies) end at least every 2 months, It's time consuming and expensive and we are generally only dealing with very small areas IE a few city blocks.
That is not the issue.

This thread is about a petition
Quote:
to provide“facilitating access to broadband Internet for members" to NHEC’s charter.
Quote:
NHEC doesn’t need to finance, own or operate a fiber network to facilitate others to develop systems. It just needs to make attaching fiber to NHEC poles straightforward, predictable and affordable.
How many votes does it take to execute the petition ... 2/3rds of what!

What does the petition do ... change a few words in the charter. Does anyone think that will require the membership to fund putting fiber on poles?

Quote:
This amendment would explicitly state, in the foundational documents of the organization, that NHEC sees facilitating the development of broadband as part of its core mission. Since it is member owned, NHEC has an opportunity and obligation to go beyond the base regulatory requirements imposed by the Public Utility Commission. The Coop should proactively encourage broadband developers to service its members.
The "100 coops" suggests to try to get
Quote:
an expanded combination of federal grant and loan funding through USDA programs is essential.
Quote:
For anyone that did or does care about the politics at hand here I mostly covered them in my first two posts but I'd be happy to answer any questions outside of the noise of this thread.

I, personally, don't care about the politics. Facts in this thread are almost non-existent. Mostly bloviating.

The question I have is, does anyone think this petition will provide actual expanded broadband to unserved and/or underserved areas.

Next question: how many lawsuits will be filed, if NHEC directors execute putting fiber on poles without a "plan".

Also

Quote:
as a current industry professional
What company do you work for? NHEC, Eversource? You sound like more Eversource.

This petition is targeted to NHEC members.
longislander is offline   Reply With Quote