Thread: Water driveways
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 05:10 AM   #69
OCDACTIVE

Tomc, I think you definately put a very good perspective on the situation. I also feel that there has to be a compromise. If I were coming home and a family had set up a picnic in front of my house by the sidewalk, although I do not own the land and have no "rights" to it, I would still be a bit upset.

Now with that said, while your description has merit, you can not draw a direct comparrison from the sidewalk in front of your house to the lake. People come into coves to get out of the wind / stay out of channels and areas of traveling boat traffic.

In the situation that sparked this thread, it wasn't a group of noisy, littering, annoying boats anchored right off their dock (from the sounds of it). They were not impeding access to the docks. In this case I would totally agree with RC246.. TOTALLY WRONG. While the home owners may not like where they were rafting, they had no right to do what they did.

Even if they thought that the rafters were breaking the law anchoring where they were positioned, it doesn't give them the right to drive that close above no wake speed, plain and simple.

Just my 2 cents. Play on.