Thread: Water driveways
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #20
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee
Default Some interesting stuff here

Well as always in the forum, we have the land owners, the Marina crowd and the day boaters. And of course a discussion like this always seem to heat up.

Being a land owner I say this,

The water is there for everyone to enjoy...

No I don't have an issue with some or two anchored in front of my place as long as the keep a reasonable distance and don't block me from comming in and out of my dock.

And as a normal rule I have no issues with kayaker and conoes who paddle by at the end of the dock.

Last I don't have issue with those fisherman who scoot along the shore either...

What I do have issue with is the fisherman like OCD discribe who don't do it considerately, and instead hook boat covers, snag rocks and cut the line, leaving it to happen... yes OCD I have been there too....

I also don't like it if some is out infront of my property with their radio so loud that I can here it like I am at a concert.

Bottom line, if people use common sense all is ok..... but they don't and they become inconsiderate, and that is why we have these problems

Many of the anchoring sites have become no rafting zones, not because mean short front owner are claiming rights to the lake in front of there house, but because, there are those that are inconciterate, blasting music and creating havic..... These areas, start out with one or two boaters finding a good spot, and then over time become over crowded because everyone wants to be there...... and at times they block access for land owners,,, I know of one or two prime examples of this.

At anyrate if people use there heads, and when a cove is full don't try and jam there boat in, play music at reasonable levels, there probably wouldn't be as many complaints or restrictions on anchoring and rafting.