View Single Post
Old 08-11-2018, 07:06 AM   #11
Hillcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgefelt View Post
MP goal is to protect and serve. The more information they have regarding boater behavior, the more effectively and efficiently they can do their job. A lot of posters complain about bad boater behavior, but when offered a chance to help MP do their job it is suddenly a privacy issue? To get (good policing), you have to give (information) and why not do it with a smile? MP is welcome on my boat or my phone any time because I play by the rules. If you have something to hide this will not be your cup of tea, but then don’t bitch about how ineffective MP is when the bad boater misbehaves in your neck of the woods. Are you part of the problem or part of the answer? Sign me up.

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I don’t see this “program” as a help to anyone except maybe the app developer.
It’s the same as pushing for gun control...it only impacts law abiding, citizens as they are the ones that obey laws.
I obey boating laws but the Joe Schmoes of the lake blissfully go on their way breaking law after law (obvious ones like the 150’ and no wake) not to mention ones I don’t see.
As someone said, Joe Schmoe is not signing up for participation.
Too much gov’t control is not good and you can apply this to almost anything.
The way to curb the Joe Schmoes is to increase MP presence and hire more officers that have a desire to police the waters, ticket offenders and promote safety by doing so.
Why does an officer need a $500k boat (or whatever thy cost)? They did well for years with 18-20’ aluminum boats with minimal equipment.
Hillcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hillcountry For This Useful Post: