View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 12:46 PM   #10
Farfrumbehavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp guy View Post
I agree with SAMIAM about a separate thread for "ramp stories". I spend time during the weekends watching the activity around Wolfeboro's docks area, and this includes their launch ramp. I am always amazed at what I see - boats being launched with no lines ready to tie up; boats with no finders; boats with no drain plugs in place; boats with no people in place; family fights, and family make-ups. Some days I think ramps should be staffed by a two-person team, 1), Judge Judy, the other, 2), Dr Ruth.
Even without a boat I can have an interesting day just watching the start and finish of boating at a local ramp.
When we give up boating, it will be be because we can no longer deal with the inconsiderate people at the launches. People who have no clue that there is any one else on the planet or just don't care. I pray to God on my way to the launch that he gives me the strenght to find the patience that I will need to deal with these kind of people. And that I don't eventually become one of them, just because they don't care about anyone else.
Farfrumbehavin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Farfrumbehavin For This Useful Post: