View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 06:59 AM   #43
ApS

Smile Ryobi Pressure-Washer...

Hurricane Irma clean-up duties had me returning to buy a pressure-washer.

My previous pressure-washer was gasoline-powered, cost $1500 reconditioned, could substitute for a Ditch-Witch in soil, and would flatten garden hoses after less than a minute's use! Pointed in the air, it would air-condition the entire front yard!

But, not wanting the trouble of gasoline-powered anything, I looked for an electric pressure-washer. Harbor Freight has a cheap Portland washer which is garbage. (Some reviews complained of breakage after ten minutes: brand-new, mine broke a fitting after three minutes of use).

So I moved to one for only $50 that was reconditioned—slight wear to a nozzle—and only happened to be a Ryobi.

Assembled in just a minute, I'm still using it every day—and very impressed. Not for children though, as they will remove patches of skin!

They're available at Home Depot for $170, with a three-year warrentee. (Mine, shown below, is the less-powerful electric model with small wheels).

I routinely check the negative reviews: Home Depot's negative reviews complain of oil/grease leaks. (Warrentee claims are hit-and-miss with Home Depot—save your receipts).

Even with daily use for a month, mine hasn't moved from its spot in the driveway, with no sign of a leak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKSUKR View Post
I have 3 combo packs myself. I bought them because they were so cheap and I dont use them nearly like a contractor. To my surprize they have held up very well. But I did switch to Lithium batteries and love them. You do need a different charger though.
Ryobi now sells an "All-in-One" self-adjusting charger that recharges many different Ryobi batteries, including lithium. $33.

>