View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 06:18 PM   #19
Macavity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
I get massive headache's during allergy season due to sinuses. The above is what I do.

I will mention that the "OTC" Sudafed that you grab off the shelf does nothing for me. I have to go the the pharmacy and ask for the real one and give them ID which they record in a log book or a picture is taken of my ID. It is still an OTC Sudafed, but, from what I am told has an active ingredient that LE monitors.
I do allergies/congestion year-round. The behind-the-counter stuff has pseudoephedrine, which is much more effective than the wimpier stuff on the shelf. All the pharmacies have their own brand. I think Hannaford's is the cheapest. Big Brother requires signing for it because it can be used in meth labs.

Guifenasin is another decongestant (used in Mucinex) that can be helpful, too. It is very drying, though, so it's worth searching for an immediate-release version, just in case it doesn't agree with you. You may not want to be enjoying it for hours.

There are machines for sinus irrigation if the neti pot doesn't work well for you.

Hope that helps a little. Feel better!

Mac
Macavity is offline   Reply With Quote