View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 05:58 PM   #60
Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmlp View Post
I understand that some people prefer fax over email/scan/docusign but fax is no longer NEEDED and requires a land line-another anachronism. People do what is comfortable for them. It took a while for the car to replace the horse and buggy too.

In 5 years no one will be using fax just like very few will reading books vs e-readers although admittedly this will probably take longer than it should. Old habits take a while to expire.
Consider brick and mortar stores Vs online shopping. Obviously the latter is taking over.

It's progress and that is a a good thing. Embrace or get left behind.
1. Fax does not require a land line.
I can send and/or receive a fax from my computer. Digital on my end of course but not necessary on the other end.

2. Land lines are far from an anachronism.
Imagine if Walmart went to a cell service only phone system. In Gilford (for example) my calls drop once I am 10 feet inside the building. How well will their Cell service fair. And once I drive down the hill towards Shaws it is hit or miss if I get service so that does not work for Shaws either.

Sure Walmart can solve that issue if they choose to spend the money, but they have 3500+ stores in the US alone. One can only imagine the cost to solve that problem.
Outdoorsman is online now   Reply With Quote