View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #46
chris410

Speaking of bad boating etiquette, I launched from the "new" public ramp in Alton bay on Saturday. Headed up towards Wolfeboro, while waiting in line with the rest of the boats I must have been cut in line by three other boats who came way after me. All with bigger boats tan mine who probably thought they were more important. Then after getting lunch in Wolfeboro, I see another boat tag a sailboat that was docked pretty good, I wasn’t too close to the action so I wasn’t sure what the outcome was, but to me, it looked like the offending party just took off.

The best part is when I went to pull my boat out of the water at the ramp. The boaters in front of me just decided to pull their much larger and newer boat half out of the water proceeding to block the entire ramp , The wife was driving and the husband was doing something up on the boat, I figured he would come down and move the boat/truck into a better location eventually, So i tried to be patient and after the minutes just tick away, he has no intention of doing that. So I give him a friendly toot toot of the horn. And he flips out on me telling me there is another car in front of him and to just “chill out bro!”

Yes there was another boat/truck in front of him, but he had many other options he could have taken other then completly blocking the ramp. He could have moved up another 35 feet so that it looked like he was at least trying to get out of my way, he could have asked the other boater to move his truck/trailer up so that they were not blocking the ramp, he could have moved off to the side so that he wasn’t blocking the ramp, he could have drove out the entrance so that he was blocking the ramp. Instead he decided to be a rude and inconsiderate person and block the ramp and give me attitude.

Besides that, still a nice day at the lake!