View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 07:03 PM   #22
ossipeeboater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetow View Post
I just visited the local Verizon Wireless store today. Even though I'm a Mac guy, I cannot justify an iPhone because ATT sucks for my needs. There is a huge dead zone north of the Hampton tolls on I95 that extends nearly to Newington, and we all know that two tin cans with string are better than ATT on the Lake. They brag about their "3G" network...I'd be happy with a single 'g', or even a single 'w'! So, I'm thinking about a Crackberry Storm. (data plan for $29 per month on top of the cell plan) With that, Verizon said I wouldn't even need the Card (and the $59 per month charge). Verizon would sell me a cable for, I think, $29, that would connect my MacBook Pro to the Crackberry, with the Crackberry serving as the modem. Pretty cool! Hmmm...If I do that, and spend lots of time working on the boat, I wonder if that makes the boat a tax deduction?
as long as the Mac has a usb connection the cable comes with the BB. I use my BB teathered at my camp on Ossipee as well as a buds place on Moultonboro neck with no issues. Just got a Tmobile corp blackberry but I'm guessing with their horrible service I'll be needing to keep my verizon BB service through summer as well. Check to see if your employer has a discount, I have BES service for $32/mo and I believe my tethering is $12 on top of that. vs $39.99 and $15. Dont forget the BB service you must have with any BB plus your tethering and then the reg service.
ossipeeboater is offline   Reply With Quote