View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 12:20 PM   #171
Farfrumbehavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
For local competition, why touch MB? At this point why buy out the "competition" when it's internal strife is booming your business and it's not costing you a dime to benefit from it. If anything you can bet they are all cheering for this to never end anytime soon.
Why not buy it when value of the company is at an all time low, Operate as a MB and control the whole market. Eliminate the competition completely. You might think that no body would touch this with a ten foot pole, but where are you going shop when this is over? If ASD maintains control cuts employees beneifits and raises prices than what seperates MB from everyone else. At that point I'd go to the store that is the most convenient. I'm sure the competition is loving the effect it is having on thier business and I bet they would love to see it stay that way. But we know that's not going to happen. We can get by with a lot of things in life but canned peaches are a must! We will only be left with a few choices, no matter who owns the stores. ATD and ASD have become house hold names around here but like after any war, eventually every body will go back about their daily lives and grocery shopping is part of that. I guess I was thinking this is economics 101, and when the competitor goes into a wobble you move in for the kill. I doubt that these international companies are interested in local concerns. Just throwing something else out there!