View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 08:27 AM   #193
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
OK so the SL is working. Everyone is slowing down.

But the Boneheads are worst than ever. They know that valuable MP resources are tied up on radar training and buying radars. So they are having a field day!

I have slowed down a bit. Not because of the SL. Because of the gas prices and economy.

Last Tuesday night, when I was showing guests the Bahre estate, I notice a storm coming the NW. I took a full throttle return home to Lakeport across the Broads. Damn right I was speeding. I'm not going to be caught in a thuderstorm. Ironically, there were several boats doing the same thing. Including a MP RIB. I'm surprise he didn't pull anyone over.
Thank You for acknowledging the SL is working.

I think speeding to get home just before or during a thunderstorm is an unwritten exception to the rules. In fact its not all that unwritten. The concept of "force majeure" says you can break the law in extreme circumstances. Like robbing a bank when someone is holding a gun on your family. Dozens of boats go through the Bear Island NWZ full speed just before and during a bad storm. And I have seen the MP watch them and do nothing. I have done it myself with no feeling of guilt.