Thread: Boat crash
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2019, 09:22 AM   #160
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Just "speculation" on my part but maybe MP just wanted to let everyone know that family members of the victims are aware of and likely reading this very thread. For all I know some may be forum members that have actually participated.

I do not believe the intended purpose is to squelch discussion folks, rather acknowledgement of who is reading this, the reactions from some statements made and consider what or how something is said moving forward with that in mind. I don't think it inappropriate for a public official in this capacity to make such a statement. Is it really that abhorrent to some that Mr. Dunleavy show a little empathy for the families of the victims here at this time? That's pretty heartless if you think so.

I also don't see this at all as a double standard. Whos to say following those other investigations the fact wildly speculating conversations on a forum like this going unaddressed wasn't flagged as something that needs to be in the future if or when deemed appropriate?

I applaud the efforts of Marine Patrol and all other agencies participating in this investigation. Answers will come in due time.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MAXUM For This Useful Post: