Thread: The Dive
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 08:19 AM   #46
chachee52

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
No real vested interest here, but I'm wondering why operating the dive is any more difficult than operating the MT Washington,,,

Both float and have the ability to move across the lake. Both serve food. Both serve customers.

Personally I think its not at all attractive to look at, but people have said good things about the food and service.

So why all the drama??? Its cant be just because its ugly.

Must be more to this saga than I'm seeing.
The only thing that I can think of with the Mount vs the Dive, and I truely have no idea. Is that the Mount owns all its dock spaces, has been operating for years so has all its legal aspects in order each year. I do think that the few other comments sound about right in that they are only going through the state and not the towns, that would make sense to me. This should have been looked at by the owners and lawyers before they started. Yes the water way is state, but the water is still in a town, and the docks are as well, so it only makes sense they would have to get the town license as well if they are going to operate in that town. I don't know?
I have only been on the Dive when LSP brought it over one year and had it tie up to Big Pier. I personally wasn't impressed but I can see why people who don't own places and just have a boat on the water would like it I guess.
Either way, If it has a good following, I do hope that they resolve it. Sounds like they have put a TON of money into it to fail. Personally the price of the boat seemed a lot to me for a seasonal good weather restaurant, But then again, I'm not a business person.
chachee52 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chachee52 For This Useful Post: