View Single Post
Old 05-15-2021, 01:25 PM   #19
Just Wonderin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRA View Post
I think the board of association activities are the reason for blocking the access
The owner of the front parcel is the store and the board and members of association don’t want to recognize that.
The blocking has nothing to do to public.
I have been a member of this forum since 2004 and have been boating on the lake since the early 80's. I live in Tuftonboro and have known both the Rich's and the LeRoux's. We have met the new store owners and also know many of the boatslip owners at Pier 19.

After reading your post, I would like to ask for some clarification. Would you please explain the "board of association activities" you're referring to. It would be interesting to have some insight into what you are referring to.

For over 30 years, the boatslip owners and the store owners have always been able to abide by the condominium documents and have been able to peacefully coexist and I'm confused as to why that relationship has changed.

Since both the boatslip owners and store owners are part of the same association, I couldn't imagine that the condominium documents wouldn't allow the boatslip owners have the legal right to access their boatslips by crossing land, that is part of the condo association (even though it is owned by the store). In the past, the store owners have always allowed them to drive to the docks to load and unload and then park their vehicle in their association assigned parking space, on the other side of Route 109. My guess is that the new store owners no longer wish to extend that courtesy to their fellow association members and unfortunately, the public has become collateral damage.

Had the two sides just had a better form of communication, maybe all of this could have been avoided. As an example, had the boatslip owners been made aware of the store's actions in applying for a seaplane base and ice runway permit, instead of being blindsided just as the selectmen, townspeople and boatslip owners were, maybe there would be less friction. And if the boatslip owners would just be willing to respect the fact that the land near the boat docks is owned by the new store owners (even though it is part of their association) and be willing to carry all of their belongings to and from their parking space to the docks, the new store owners might look more favorably on the boatslip owners.

Hopefully, the two sides will soon be able to work things out and we can all go back to the way things have always been.
Just Wonderin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Just Wonderin For This Useful Post: