Thread: Groceries
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 07:56 AM   #100
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default My guess is yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
Has Market Basket in Tilton instituted the changes announced on Saturday and shown in the media? I.e., 6-foot distancing in the line outside the store?

Media reports do NOT say that Market Basket is enforcing a 6-foot rule at the checkout. Is that correct?

I can't understand why Market Basket has been so slow to implement these changes, behind other stores.
I can tell you that I was in the Rochester MB last week (Wed or Thu), and they were practicing the 6' "rule" at the registers. When it was my turn to approach the register, I put my articles on the belt, pushed my cart ahead for the bagger, and stood by the credit card machine. Suddenly, the cashier says "Sir, you need to get back behind the line on the floor. " I looked back and a gentleman with gloves and a mask on was loading his groceries on the belt. The checkout areas were set up quite well defining each checkout line, with gray floor markings showing the 6' areas. Not sure how things are at all MBs now, but my guess they are compliant.

FWIW

Dave