View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 07:33 PM   #22
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default Darpa

The Formula has the legendary DARPA exhaust. It uses the water that runs through the engine to silence the noise. The faster I go the quieter it gets. It has that legendary rumble at idle. It did have a differter plate to differt the exhaust to the I/O unit. Back in the days, I had to remove the differter because it was against the law to have switchable exhaust. Thus defeating the purpose to silence the engine. Now that switchables are lawful, I am looking for a direct replacement. I sold the differter plate as I thought I no longer need it. I can't find one.

The US Offshore races were sponsored by COMPAQ computers. The CEO was building a huge complex on Meredith Neck off Pleasant St. The company folded and merged with HP. The races no longer had a sponsor. The CEO never finish building his complex. He did put up a huge stone wall.

Same with the hydroplane races that was once on Lake Opechee. It got so popular, they moved the races to Moore Dam. The Chrysler Regatta lost their sponsor when Chrysler started having trouble. I remember everyone had to cross the dam over to VT as the nanny state of NH do not allow open containers.

APBA use to have the vintage races out of Wolfeboro. I heard rumors that they may not be back. We will see.

I was told there will be a championship waterskiing event on Lake Winnisquam. They use to have them in Wolfeboro. Why they move it. I don't know.