View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 09:49 AM   #25
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
I have a good laugh every time someone here starts on the "Privacy" soapbox.

As Rich states -- by the mere fact that you use the internet your whereabouts, sites visited, comments made, and profiles of your habits are being made and more !

If you are that paranoid of information tracking, I would HIGHLY suggest that you NEVER use Google to search anything, Never purchase from Amazon … in fact, you should turn off your computer & phone immediately …. because the reality is -- your being tracked !

for the more progressive -- it has a positive implication as well
…..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_of_things
As someone who expressed discomfort with the privacy issue here, I don't think you should assume that all of us on this side of the issue are paranoid and unsophisticated. I share plenty of info when I believe it's worth the trade. For example, my car knows my current location and everyplace I've driven. That's a lot of info, but I really like the car and GPS. OTOH, I do not think Facebook is worth the swap, so I don't use it.

Virtually every article on internet privacy encourages people to customize their privacy settings to suit their own preferences. Your position seems to be that since many modern technologies reveal lots of info user, that users should just give up on everything and share all. Mine is that privacy has value; people should only give it up when they get something they want in return.
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post: