View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 10:04 AM   #20
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,154 Times in 901 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Thanks for posting this section. I saw it on my own and thought it refers only to boats being registered commercially, not to requiring licenses. Te certificate requirement is actually under RSA 270-E:22.
I see some possible inherent conflicts here. The quoted passage refers (your bold) to employees. A realtor may or may not be an employee. I would suggest that there is no implied compensation if there is no sale. Just showing a property open to question.
Let's say I'm a Realtor and I decide to register my boat commercially, and get my commercial certification. Now, under 270-E:22 it appears no other family member can use the commercial boat (my visiting sister and brother-in-law) without getting a NH commercial license, even if they have a NASBLA certificate from NH or another state. Trying to make boats all commercial; or all recreational, doesn't fit a lot of circumstances that commonly arise. Perhaps the law needs to be adjusted?
What is your definition of a commercial registration?

I agree that the law can be interpreted in different ways. When I took the course I said to the instructor from the Marine Patrol: "You realize that most people you think need the Commercial License don't have it". He said: "Yes, we know that". Hmmmmm......
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: